7 Reasons Everyone Should Love SPF
Everyone loves the sun, but not everyone acknowledges the negative affects it can have on the skin, or the benefits of following safe sun practices. Here at GlyMed Plus we want to give people the ability to have their youngest looking skin so we are sharing 7 reasons to help you fall in love with SPF.
- 1.85% of aging on the skin is caused by extrinsic factors such as Ultra Violet radiation and environmental pollution.
- 2.When unprotected skin is exposed to UV radiation the stratum corneum thickens as a way to protect the skin. This thickening can last for a few days after exposure leading to irritation, dryness, and flaking.
- 3.MMP production is increased within minutes of being exposed to UV rays unprotected. MMP’s are enzymes that break down collagen and elastin resulting in accelerated signs of aging, such as wrinkles and sagging of the skin.
- 4.UV radiation damages skin cells. Once a cell has been damaged it will continue to split and act in an abnormal manner leading to over active melanocytes, decreased desquamation, and trans-epidermal water loss.
- 5.Sun damage leads to skin dehydration, decreasing the transportation of nutrients to the cells, an impaired barrier function, and trans epidermal water loss.
- 6.Melanin production increases to protect the skin from UV damage which can look like an even tan at the time, but will lead to over active melanocytes, uneven pigmentation and sun spots later on.
- 7. UV Exposure on unprotected skin causes free radical damage, which can lead to cell
mutation and the development of skin cancer.
GlyMed Plus offers multiple options for broad spectrum sun protection products that
will fit any skin type.