Everyone loves the sun, but not everyone acknowledges the negative affects it can have on the skin, or the benefits of following safe sun practices. Here at GlyMed Plus we want to give people the ability to have their youngest looking skin so we are sharing 7 reasons to help you fall in love with SPF.
- 1.85% of aging on the skin is caused by extrinsic factors such as Ultra Violet radiation and environmental pollution.
- 2.When unprotected skin is exposed to UV radiation the stratum corneum thickens as a way to protect the skin. This thickening can last for a few days after exposure leading to irritation, dryness, and flaking.
- 3.MMP production is increased within minutes of being exposed to UV rays unprotected. MMP’s are enzymes that break down collagen and elastin resulting in accelerated signs of aging, such as wrinkles and sagging of the skin.
- 4.UV radiation damages skin cells. Once a cell has been damaged it will continue to split and act in an abnormal manner leading to over active melanocytes, decreased desquamation, and trans-epidermal water loss.
- 5.Sun damage leads to skin dehydration, decreasing the transportation of nutrients to the cells, an impaired barrier function, and trans epidermal water loss.
- 6.Melanin production increases to protect the skin from UV damage which can look like an even tan at the time, but will lead to over active melanocytes, uneven pigmentation and sun spots later on.
- 7. UV Exposure on unprotected skin causes free radical damage, which can lead to cell
mutation and the development of skin cancer.
GlyMed Plus offers multiple options for broad spectrum sun protection products that
will fit any skin type.
Lightening Drone Technology is a revolutionary ingredient that will change the skin care industry, and our capabilities for treating unwanted pigmentation. Lightening Drone Technology is currently exclusively available in Diamond Bright Skin Lightener from GlyMed Plus. If you are looking for rapid lightening, and a brighter skin tone, then look no further. Anyone and everyone can use this new [...]
What is pigmentation?Unwanted pigment is something that affects everyone at one point or another. Some people see it faster and easier than others. The general public may know pigmentation as freckles, age spots, liver spots, scarring, or uneven skin tone. Pigmentation is tough to treat and it is an ongoing process. You have to be patient when working with [...]
The weather is warming up which means that summer is finally here. Summer brings lots of time spent outside in the sun. Most cases of melanoma are caused by overexposure to the sun. Melanoma is the most common form of cancer for young adult’s ages 25-29 years old and the second most common form of cancer for young people [...]
The Essential Face Cleanser in the FOR MEN Skin Care System is a Step 1: Cleanse product. It is a gel cleanser that lathers up really nicely for optimal cleansing of the skin. This cleanser was designed with men’s skin in mind so it has all of the necessary ingredients to properly care for the skin with a nice [...]
The GlyMed Plus FOR MEN Essential Face Cleanser contains an amazing ingredient called Wheat Proteins. Wheat Proteins have elastic and binding properties. They help to reduce the irritating qualities of surfactants. Cleansers need to have surfactants because that is what helps to clean the skin and actually remove the dirt and oil that builds up on the skin. [...]
Men and women’s skin is very different. Even the composition of men’s skin is different than women’s skin. Men’s skin is 25% thicker, even the texture is thicker and tougher than women’s skin. Men have significantly higher amounts of the androgen hormone which is what causes oiliness in the skin. This causes larger pore size as well as longer [...]
We have had a few questions about one of the newest innovative ingredients GlyMed Plus has started using, Fulvic Acid, and we wanted to answer some of the key questions here. This amazing ingredient will soon take the skin care world by storm. GlyMed Plus leads the industry with its use of Fulvic Acid in our skin care [...]
GlyMed Plus will be celebrating 25 years at the International Esthetics Cosmetics & Spa Conference in Las Vegas, NV from June 25th to June 27th at Booth #933. There will be a lot of ways to connect and celebrate with GlyMed Plus. A Few Ways to Celebrate Together: Listen to LME, LMT, Founder, CEO & President of GlyMed Plus Christine Heathman during [...]
Beauty Oil is one of the newest products in the GlyMed Plus Age Management Skin Care System. It is considered a Step 3 Balance product for its intense hydrating and healing properties. Beauty Oil is recommended for all skin types and is especially beneficial for those with dry, irritated, and sensitive skin. Beauty Oil is gluten free so there are no limitations [...]