Have you noticed that some of your favorite skin care products look a little different lately?
- The new packaging technology includes an airless seal that prevents the contents from being exposed to air. This prolongs the product life and prevents oxidation, which is especially important for the stability of ingredients like vitamin C and retinol. Also, fewer preservatives are needed, so the products we apply to our skin daily are more pure and there is minimal risk for contamination.
What are the GlyMed Plus customer service support hours?
- All of our customer service specialists are licensed Master Aestheticians with extensive knowledge to assist you with any product questions you may have, and to process your order. They are available Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM-5:30 PM MST.
How does GlyMed Plus recommend beginning a skin care regimen?
GlyMed Plus recommends using our 4-Step system for your skin care regimen, which goes as follows:
- (01) Cleanse-Removes excess oil and dead skin cells. Also intended to suit the condition of the skin
- (02) Treat-Advanced treatment products that focus on skin conditions and concerns
- (03) Balance-Nourish the skin cells to create an optimal healthy environment
- (04) Protect-Necessary to protect against UV and environmental damage that contributes to aging skin
The appropriate number and step can be easily found on every single product, as well as the box it comes in, for guaranteed ease of use.
I’m not a skincare professional. How can I order GlyMed Plus products?
Are there any GlyMed Plus products that are safe to mix or cocktail together?
- All GlyMed Plus products are safe to cocktail together, including our Professional Only Chemical Peels. This ensures a customized option to treat every skin type, color, and/or condition.
What is the difference between Pharmaceutical vs. Cosmeceutical Grade products on the market?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) divides skin care products into two separate categories: cosmetic and pharmaceutical. Pharmaceutical grade products you apply topically penetrate through the layers of the epidermis and affect the function and structure of the skin. Pharmaceutical products undergo rigorous testing that can go on for more than 10 years and cost millions of dollars. Pharmaceutical grade products are only available through a licensed professional. These products not only contain a higher percentage of active ingredients, but a higher quality of each ingredient. According to the FDA, Pharmaceutical grade products are required to be 99% pure, where Cosmetic grade products are only required to be 70% pure. Active ingredients are those that can make a change in your skin such as (reducing wrinkles, pigmentation, alleviate acne, etc.).
What are the best products to use after a Professional Only chemical peel?
- GlyMed Plus has many products that can be used after a chemical peel, our favorites include: Age Management Living Cell Clarifier, Cell Science Ultra Hydro Gel, Cell Science Cell Protection Serum, and any GlyMed Plus SPF.
What is PC10?
- PC10 is a proprietary blend utilizing ingredients that behave in the same manner as Botox. They were blended to give a firming and tightening of the skin and will actually extend the life of Botox for those individual receiving treatments.
Can you use all of the GlyMed Plus Professional Only Chemical Peels on Fitzpatrick Types 4-6?
- All of our AHA and TCA peels are colorblind, meaning they can be safely used on any skin color. But higher Fitzpatrick skin types (4-6) need to be properly pre-treated for 2-6 weeks before any of our Salicylic Acid or Professional Jessner chemical peels are applied. For further information on this topic, contact the Business Coordinator in your area or attend a GlyMed Plus class for additional training.
What ingredients should be avoided during pregnancy?
- Salicylic acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Resorcinol, Hydroquinone, Trichloracetic Acid (TCA) should all be avoided when pregnant or nursing. Be sure to use caution on all chemical peels with higher percentages.
What are the contraindications with use of the DermaSound Elite?
- The DermaSound Elite is safe to use on all skin types, conditions, and disorders. The only contraindication to a DermaSound Elite treatment is a pacemaker. Clients who are pregnant should receive clearance from a doctor before receiving a DermaSound Elite treatment.
Are synthetic fragrances used in any of your products?
- No synthetic fragrances are used in GlyMed Plus products. Any fragrances in our products are naturally occurring and produced by essential oils..
I see that sea whip is used in some of your products. Isn’t that ingredient derived from coral, which is considered an animal?
- GlyMed Plus’ Sea Whip ingredient comes from the gorgonian extract, a non-animal origin.
What is GlyMed Plus’ stance on animal testing?
- GlyMed Plus has never and will never test products on animals. We are a vegan and cruelty-free line.
Are there any GlyMed Plus products that contain gluten?
There are a few products that may contain gluten or some kind of yeast or wheat derivative. Those products are:
- Men’s Essential Face Cleanser
- Cell Protection Serum
- Arnica Healing Cream
- Daily Repair Mega Moisture Cream
- Ultra Hydrating Enzyme Masque
- Restorative Skin Clarifying Masque
- Skin Gel
- Living Cell Clarifier
- Professional TCA Peel
- 5 Berry Pigment Control Peel
- Vitamin A Professional Power Peel
What does it mean if a product I use is in violation of Proposition 65 in California?
- California initiated Prop 65 to eliminate certain ingredients from cosmetics that may be harmful and have been known to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Glymed Plus respects the position California has taken and have removed these ingredients from our formulas. The FDA and NTP does not agree on some of California’s claims regarding cosmetic ingredients causing cancer in humans.
Click here for more information from the FDA
Click here for more information about Prop 65